To ensure the best possible results in regards to pest control, we strongly recommend you leave it to the experts. That’s not to say that there aren’t a few things that you can do to help yourself.
The team at IPM are ideally positioned to offer a few hints and tips which can help you to nip problems in the bud before they become a problem.
Below you will find a some of the common bright ideas and mistakes that we regularly come across during our line of work.
- Yes!: To ensure that your property becomes less appealing to rodents of all kinds, including mice and rats, ensure that you remove sources of food, water and shelter. All kitchen areas and anywhere that comes into contact with food should be regularly and thoroughly cleaned.
- No!: Avoid with cheap pest control methods available from DIY shops. Ineffective at best, these can also prove to be dangerous if not used correctly.
For more information about rodent control (including mice and rats) please click here.
- Yes!: All materials which have been affected by bed bugs must be sealed away to ensure they do not spread.
- No!: DO NOT drag an infected bed or mattress across the floor, this will almost certainly result in the property being infected further.
- Yes!: We strongly recommend contacting a professional pest control company before attempting this to ensure that the problem is not exacerbated.
- No!: DIY bed bug control remedy products can often make a problem worse rather than bringing it under control.
For more information regarding effective bed bug control, please click here.
- Yes!: Ensure that any carpets, furnishings and cracks in the floorboards are thoroughly vacuumed to make sure that any remaining fleas and eggs are removed. Always remembering to take great care when emptying the vacuum cleaner as fleas will still be alive.
- No!: As with above, we strongly recommend against the use of DIY pest control products as generally they are fundamentally a waste of money and can often make the problem worse.
For more information regarding effective flea control, please click here.
If you would like any further information regarding any of the services available from IPM Pest Control, please give us a call and our technicians will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.